Pranayama, the science of breath, is considered to be yoga’s most accessible, yet transformative practice. It is also called Prana Yoga - Yoga of life force.
Learn the secrets to refining and mastering your breath. Through theory and practice, you'll experience the power of the sacred science of breath and discover how & when the breath can be used to still the mind, dissolve the unconscious, and attract the forces of happiness and success.
The yogic theory states that Pranayama is twenty times more beneficial than physical (asana) practice. However, in the practice of Yoga, the importance of Pranayama is often minimalized and ignored due to a lack of awareness.
This workshop includes theory, practice, and Q&A sessions. You will get to understand and practice the following
1. Introduction to Pranayama, Levels, and Types of Pranayama
2. Breathing vs. Pranayama, Types of Breathing, Healthy vs. unhealthy Breathing
3. Benefits, Side effects, Contraindications, Goals, and Signs of Success
4. Basic requirements, Postures, Alignments, Do’s and don’ts
5. Practice of Foundational Pranayama
6. Practice of All level Classical Pranayama
7. Questions and Answers.
These practices and knowledge become the foundation for the next level.
Required Props: Yoga Mat and Cushion/Blanket
Note: These breathing techniques can be easily incorporated into your physical (asana) practice to deepen the experience. This workshop is suitable for 200 Hours Yoga Teachers/Training programs.